The past Kilo development summit had the following things for Horizon covered.
Horizon Operators, Deployers, and Users
The last issue mentioned was: error messages often don't really help. There's a blueprint to improve error messaging. Developers understand, that this is an issue, but sadly it's not going to be solved that easily.
A Keystone-Horizon cross-project session was held to discuss issues around integrating federated authentication and single sign in for Keystone and Horizon.
Django-Angular Playing Nice
We discussed a lot topics. Sadly, we shared a the same room with keystone contributors and it was quite noisy.
There wasn't a real agreement on how to start. Since it's not entirely worked out yet, one might need to experiment here. One proposal is, to start simple; the other direction was, to start with the most complex piece, "Start-Instance-Workflow". The latter might be a big complex to land during the next six months. Launch instance is known as a big issue though.
We agreed, we'll need documentation, tutorials for new contributors, and review guidelines. Richard Jones will follow-up on the OpenStack Developers mailing list.
A new Launch instance design was proposed. We briefly discussed adding images for styling glance images.
There are quite a few todo items left from the operators session, like:
- error message improvement
- filtering, search, and pagination in tables is still an issue
- documentation should become clearer, there are still topics not entierely covered in docs.
- inclusion of AngularJS will be a big task, views will be rewritten piece by piece
- Repo split
- blueprints will have to use a mandatory template in the future
- Ironic is now integrated in OpenStack, but currently does not have any representation in Horizon